Monday, January 24, 2005

God "ding-donged" me

I had a fresh encounter with God today.

Five thirty AM was a far cry from my usual wake up time. I was probably still in 7th heaven by then quickly eclipsing to the 8th. But for some weird reason I was wide awake.

But being the sluggard as I am, I snuggled again beside my wife and our pillows and tried to catch some more Zzzz (as if I lacked it, a real bum in action).

I was successful in getting sleep (again) as I caught myself in between the waking & sleeping state. I believe lucid is the word for it.

Then I heard a doorbell. Now our doorbell ring is a LOUD "ding-dong" that wakes even our neighbors up. I swear I heard one because as an instinct I got up our bed and headed for the window to see who it was. While struggling to get up I was grumbling, "Who could be knocking at this un-holy hour?" "Don't they know people sleep!" I said.

To my amazement, no one was there.

And the time that lapsed from hearing the doorbell & peeping at the window was less than 2 seconds since our bed was just beside it.

"Ok. Who's playing jokes here?"

Then I got it. God "ding-donged" me. You lazy "dingaling" get up there and spend time with me (God).

I figured out God was waking me up. I was wide awake, remember? Then I forced myself to doze off again. Then God had to kick my butt to get me out of bed. Really dense, huh?

That morning I spent a great time with God. I missed those times. My word that morning was to "Seek". "Seek God more."

I read Psalm 25-28.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD , this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the
house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the
LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:8
My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek.

God gave already all of himself to us. If we want more of God we have to seek God. It's really our effort to chase God-- want more of God. But do you have
time? Do you have your priorities in check? That morning I did.

Thank you, God and Good morning!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://wgvyoxsd.com/cqbd/ssik.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://pxcawmie.com/ioxn/foua.html]Cool site[/url]

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://wgvyoxsd.com/cqbd/ssik.html | http://gopyntjw.com/wgwy/ulye.html

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home